Thursday, May 3, 2012

Several months ago, a producer/man about town I know asked me if I'd like to shoot a segment for E! (You know the network, home of the True Hollywood Story and the Kardashians. Don't act like you don't lay in your own filth on gloomy weekends watching marathons.) He said it would be a quick little bumper that would run 100 times a day and no big deal!

I'm in a bit of a "Why say no?! Just say yes! Conquer my fears!" sort of life-phase, so against all my enormous anxieties about appearing on television yammering about something as inane as posing for pictures, I said "Sure! Yes! That sounds like great, silly fun!"

A couple of weeks ago I met Tim (the producer) a charming-as-all-get-out camera dude and Leah Miller (former VJ, host of SYTYCD Canada, infamous BFF of Hilary Duff) at the place I used to work where we laughed for 40 minutes, I made strange and elaborate references to Linda Evangelista (thankfully left on the cutting room floor) and got to talk about Oprah on national television. It all lead to this 60 second snippet and, I must say, I'm kinda thrilled with how it turned out. The editing avoids all my worst angles and the sweet after hours club beats keep it real smooth.

And so, dear readers, I give you my voice and my moving physical body. Two things you've never seen here before. I hope you aren't shocked by my truly homosexual voice or my lanky and wild gesticulations. This is for reals and sadly accurate. And will air up to 5 times a day for the entire month of May on national Canadian television. Wow.

(And thanks go to Tim Chan and Leah for the fun opportunity and for making me feel at-ease during this truly anxiety-ridden experience.) 








15 comments:

  1. To your credit, Hudson, this is the very real you. You aren't forced or fake. That's hard to do when the camera turns on it's eye. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm yeah, you were made for TV. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you worried about? You are natural! You look & sound great. I would feel all celebrity now if I was you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's SO you. and so natural. and so utterly, utterly charming.

    (and beyond handsome, for the record.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Jason! Very charming indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to be over thinking my Grandma's BBQ this summer...oy. Loving you talking and moving and looking calm, cool and collected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Jason! You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! More of you on TV please.

    P.S. I'm going to try the Oprah smile the next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are a natural on TV.. I love to see that you are doing such wonderful things:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was totally expecting your voice to be a little more "jasssssson hudssssson" than that! lol. great job, you looked fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just great! Where the hell have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job! I must remember the hand on hip, I hyper-focus on my arms in pics & always think they look way too big.
    Found you today through The818.com, have been enjoying my look around! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so impressed with how you are building your name, your career, your everything. excellent job mr hudson excellent

    ReplyDelete