Monday, August 22, 2011


In case you've been wondering, Sofia's fuckin' perfect

But I'll refrain from being one of those crazy people who claims that the baby in their life is the most-exemplary, or that her eyes are the brightest and most-focused, proving her above-average intelligence at even the earliest stage.  I'll hold back the gloating and the bragging about her very-flawless little fingers and toes or her terribly successful poops.  

I won't look for every opportunity to tell you that she sleeps like a champ and eats like a superstar.  Or that her Mom and Dad are doing just the best job and I couldn't be more impressed by them.  By their calm and their confidence, their ease and reverence for her.  

I won't go on endlessly about how her Dad suddenly looks like a Dad, though nothing has really changed about his physical appearance.  It's in his shoulders and hands, in the glint in his eye that wasn't there one week ago.  One that says he'd lie down on railroad tracks if he had to.

And I certainly won't be so boastful as tell you that even when she screams (an adorable, weezy little donkey hee-haw noise, if you're curious) she's still more perfect than any. other. baby. in the entire goddamned world.




6 comments:

  1. you really should put warnings on the posts that will make people cry.

    and you're right, it's not like she's showstoppingly perfect or anything. congratulations and love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a proud uncle :) She is seriously sweet, congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect baby. {I should know, I have one of those myself}. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be one well-documented baby! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Beautiful words and beautiful pictures. As an as-yet childless person, you have expressed the exact emotions I feel when I see my nephews and the wonderful people who made them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can hardly stand it. I'm with Tara. :)

    ReplyDelete