Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I've fully hunkered down for Fall.  I've got my carbs and my wine and my music.  I've compiled a playlist for your aural pleasure, downloadable below.  Beware, it's a rather heavy bunch of songs, but that's how I like it this time of year.  Dripping with sadness or strings or both.  Enjoy.

Songs for Cooler Days

 1. Futile Devices - Sufjan Stevens
 2. Sad With What I Have - Rufus Wainwright
 3. Don't Stop - Owen Pallett
 4. The Great White Ocean - Antony & The Johnsons
 5. Final Fantasy - Chilly Gonzales
 6. I'm In Here - Sia
 7. This Love is Over - Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs
 8. The Spirit Was Gone - Antony & The Johnsons
 9. That Year - Brandi Carlile
10. Honour the Dead or Else - Owen Pallett
11. Rambling Man - Laura Marling
12. Smothered Mate - Chilly Gonzales
13. What Would I Ever Do With a Rose? - Rufus Wainwright
14. A Seat at the Table - J. Tillman
15. It Will Sail - Sarah Harmer
16. Made by Maid - Laura Marling
17. Morning Bird - Sade

And download.  (Update: This file has been deleted because I violated the terms.  ie. Gave free publicity and love to a slew of artists I like.  F that, music industry.)


(Some of last year's autumn leaves.)

13 comments:

  1. ahhhh! you've made my perfect fall playlist! (my aural pleasure thanks you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... my Fall music list includes Sufjan Stevens, Arcade Fire, TV on the Radio, Sigur Ros - anything moody and a little sad-bastardish.

    I've got to check out Antony & The Johnsons per your recommendation,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put that Sufjan on repeat. It is my fall jam. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix! I feel that my fall is going to quite abruptly start as we're still in the 60-70s here in Nevada, but when I travel home to Iowa for a few weeks later this month I'm sure the temps will drop. With the warmth of friends and the beautiful foliage I'll figure out how to survive.

    Maybe even catch a few snowflakes? Hit Girl can handle it. [halloween costume]

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so for me. Thanks, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. alas, laura sings lovely tunes, but ever since i heard she snagged my pretend boyfriend (marcus mumford), i listen to her joan baez-esque crooning in a totally different way. boo, for stolen imaginary boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. doh, i just had a bad dream that i wrote joan baez and NOT joni mitchell. joan, joni...potato, pahtato. horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and with that, i have a new playlist.

    (as an aside sweetie, i'm typing with wet nails. shows how much i love.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice autumn choices... owen pallet, sia, regulars on rotation with a few new in the mix. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you all enjoy.
    I'll be posting more. I need to get back to my music posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any playlist with Sade is a winner.

    ReplyDelete