Monday, September 6, 2010







Today I had the great pleasure of shooting images for a new company out of Toronto.  A great guy named Tyler and his wife Remy bought the Canadian distribution rights for the oh-so-classic Salt-Water Sandals, the 60-year-old American shoe line. They come at a perfect time in fashion, when the 50s-beach-blanket preppy-thing is in full-force.  They come in dozens of colours and styles, a pair for every outfit.

We dodged the rain in the Brickworks (a reclaimed neighbourhood in Toronto's Don Valley) and these little yellow ones (paired with a Stella McCartney dress) quickly became my favourite, brightening up the day almost as much as Mia's adorable face.  












(J. Crew has begun carrying the sandals in the States and they'll be available in lots of stores here soon, too.)

10 comments:

  1. Fun and sweet photos. Very summery, indeed. Nice job. Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so sweet. :) I used to wear those when I was a kiddo. Glad they're making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Jason! I love the continuation of yellow! what a great look book for the couple!

    And thank you so much for your really REALLY sweet comment! Jin says thank you to you himself! I saved a jar of grape jelly for you! Let me know how I can give it to you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you told me that you were J.Crew's new photog, I'd believe you.

    Do you want me to keep commenting on every single one of your posts saying how amazing you are? I am running out of innovative ways to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody!
    Once we became friends, Mia was a total dream. There was a bit of shyness to barrel-through first.

    Celine - Thank you! I want that jam! And I really want to meet Juli and John. Maybe we could have a blogger lunch?

    Mina, yes please. Keep the comments coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could wear these and eat a meat platter I'd be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're kind of magic, sir. i mean the light is all watery and grey and reminding me of the end of summer, yet you manage to make that yellow just pop. marigold perfect.

    my toes are cold today, and now i want sandals. that's a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the photo of the little girl's crossed legs is superb! love the cheerfulness you've captured in each pic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogger brunch? Or, dinner might be easier for juli and john.
    yes, we should meet with juli and john! it would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was totally on board by this point. Just confirming that.

    ReplyDelete