Friday, July 2, 2010


Nick and Natasha bought a house.  It's a beautiful, classically-Toronto semi-detached in a fantastic  neighbourhood.  Trees, trees, trees.  With high ceilings and a bundle of architectural features, the place has the bones of a supermodel.  I can't wait to see it progress, shifting from a series of empty rooms to a place perfectly them.  Their apartment was very modern and urban, exposed ducts and floor-to-ceiling windows - and they worked it well with lots of teak and clean lines.  Now they're exploring the other parts of their style: rural, countrified, charming, worn-in.  I can't wait to see what they pull together.  And I'll certainly share it with you.










(All  the empty rooms, sun-filled and awaiting their chattels  and treasures.  And a yard full of mature trees. #swoon)

9 comments:

  1. I know this these are the "before" shots, but those dark wood floors are lovely. Can't wait to see what they do with the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the above comment, those floors really stand out.

    what a pretty little house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful. i've never heard of a classic-Toronto house... what is the classic style there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Molly - think Victorian, narrow, often semi-detached. Deep, skinny lots. Charming and fairly simple. And a little wonky - crooked here and there. In a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much like Beyonce and Jay-Z, this is one of my favorite couples that I don't know in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tommy - You're hilarious. I'm positive you'd like them in real life too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, exciting! will watch with interest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post feels vaguely familiar to me. I think this was one I fell on after I started reading with some consistency...I didn't start on this one, but I remember it...

    ReplyDelete