Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Your Roving Eyes: Seven Spoons


Yet more blog love.  Tara writes (and beautifully photographs) Seven Spoons, a blog that started as purely culinary, but has morphed poetically into both a place for fantastic recipes and a lovely look into the life of a young family.  She writes charmingly meandering stories that inevitably end in food.  When you read her words, it feels like you're sitting at her table, enjoying the company of her and her children.  There's something so personal and so kind about her words.  You feel like she'd help an old lady cross the street, and then bake her a cake

She seems to live a life fully realized, oozing with contentment and reverence for every tiny detail.  I sometimes find her prose overwhelming.  As she says in her post about the cake below: "At one point I found it difficult to chew because I was smiling so big."

Visit Seven Spoons for Tara's Strawberry Icebox Cake.  Good, sweet, gentle Jesus.


9 comments:

  1. I really wish you hadn't introduced me to this blog. NYC is making me fat enough. {But I'm glad that you did. I need more Canadian content in my feed.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, mina!
    She's a good old Ontario gal. Which is definitely part of the charm. Canadians speak the same language, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owe you a cake and a bottle of Proseco. Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seven Spoons is one of my favorite blogs, for sure. Tara is one of the sweetest people I've ever come across!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the Cake in this a few days after I saw the post on Seven Spoons, it was so innovative and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. When I pray, it's usually for more time in the day to peruse deliciousness such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Tara, you owe me nothing.

    Hannah, your blogs have as similar energy! And both with such gorgeous photos.

    Cameron! I'm impressed. Whenever I get my shit together and invite you for a dinner party, you must bring the cake!

    Tommy, ikr?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely picture, thank you for introducing me to the photographer. Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...Tara! This is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete