Monday, July 12, 2010








So, it makes me feel a little like I'm listening to Kathie Lee Gifford tell stories of Cody and Cassidy, but I love my sister's version of kids say the darndest things.  Our nephews, Jack and Ben, are hilarious - both smart and clever with surprising comic-timing.

My sister (a deeply-sensitive and communicative type who's a bit weepy that her little guy is 5 years old now) asked him recently, "Jack, how does it make you feel when I say I love you?"  Without missing a beat, he said, "It makes me feel cute and confident."  A bit flummoxed, Becky asked, "Where did you hear that?"  He told her he'd seen a commercial for Herbal Magic and said, matter-of-factly, "It's a weight loss program.  And she's never looked better!"  













8 comments:

  1. that is adorable. and i used to play with those playmobil toys :-) how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Molly, isn't Playmobil the best?! The tiny pieces, all the little details! I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a little charmer. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He takes after me, afterall, Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I love my nephew and neices like KLG too. my nephew went door to door to raise money for an animal shelter and when he came back with a ton of money he said: "it all starts with a smile"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you mean "purple magic"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hysterical! And these photographs are amazing. Just found you via Bright Bazaar. Off to explore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your sister asked him that. I loved his answer even more. So cute! (Also, Cody and Cassidy...dear god, I haven't heard those names in forever!)

    ReplyDelete